Strange Behaviour - addin

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:00 AM
I've just downloaded the latest release(0.4), uninstalled an old version and installed on my machine. It seems as though when I'm not connected to a server in object explorer the add-in opens when I select 'Show Allocation Info' from the menu, then when I connect to a server the database list doesn't refresh in the add-in. If I then try and close and re-open the add-in when connected to a server the add-in doesn't appear. I have done a 'Show windows' from the menu but no sign of the add-in.
I'm on a x64 windows 2003 server, running SQL 2005 developer - I'm happy to provide more details of the setup of my machine if it would be of help.

thanks
Paul.
Aug 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM
I think the problem may be caused by me taking one or more of the databases in my list offline. When they are all online the allocation info window opens up.
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM
Hi Paul,

That sounds about right. It doesn't recognise that a database is offline or restoring, then crashes. I'll get it fixed in the next version.

Thanks for letting me know,

Danny

Edit: This should now be fixed with version 0.4.1 - http://www.codeplex.com/SSMSAllocation/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=16725